wildlife friendly planting design
Creative planting for Beeston + nearby
Bespoke planting plans, creative planting, and plant sourcing / supply to help make the year-round best of your garden.
Gardening with wildlife and biodiversity in mind is something I integrate in all the work I do. I can also help with planting plans and ideas for specific habitats – such as pollinator-friendly containers, beds or borders; or native wildflower ‘meadow’ lawns, or species specific planting schemes.
A voucher can be for any amount (starting from £20) and are redeemable against any Hortulus service or product. I can post out to you, or directly to the recipient.
Please contact me for further details using the form on my contact page.
My service area is Beeston and nearby. However, if you live beyond this area, please contact me to discuss availability.
I’d like to help, whatever your available budget – so don’t be shy! Please talk to me frankly about your budget, costs, and my fees.
I offer a simple two-tier consult service:
1. A visit to your garden (up to 1 hour) to give advice, ideas or plant suggestions. You’ll want to take notes! (£30)
2. A visit to your garden (up to 1 hour) to give advice, ideas or plant suggestions PLUS a bespoke, digital brochure containing everything discussed (no need to take notes). This will be emailed to you after your consult, and includes photographs of your garden, plant species, products, hints and tips, and design advice – all fully researched, and easy-referenced (no need to take notes) with clickable links straight through to the websites of reputable suppliers, growers, or information*, for your convenience. (£105)
Planting Design (POA)
Creative planting schemes or planting plans for containers, raised beds, or garden borders. I can work to include existing plants, or coordinating with your landscape architect / gardener / builder to populate soft landscape areas within a brand new garden project.
All my plans are hand-rendered in mixed media.
I also offer ‘live’ planting design (perhaps of plants you have already purchased) setting out plants in the best place and combination. The fee for this is the same as my hourly rate (see below).
Seasonal Creative Planting (£25 per hr)
1. Seasonal containers – seasonal planting plans or Live planting (buying and planting on the same day) for containers. Can be to completely replant your containers with seasonal interest, or just a little refresh – it’s up to you!
2. Planting maintenance (e.g. seasonal tidying for pots, beds and borders, pruning, deadheading, repotting, lifting and dividing, propagating, biological pest treatments etc.)
3. Planting – right plant; right place.
If you would only like me to source specific plants for you, I can do this for a small fee.
Please see my Flora page for details on these.
*Please note: I do NOT receive commission or incentives from the companies I link to. I select them, not for being the cheapest price, but because I genuinely order from them myself; they are experts/specialists in their field, or I have come across them in my work, and would recommend. I endeavour to support local, independent companies as much as I can, and choose nurseries over Garden Centres for plant supply. Other suppliers are, of course, always available who may be cheaper or nearer to you.
“Being new to gardening, I was pretty overwhelmed when confronted with planting a large raised bed. But no worries… Tamar to the rescue! Tamar created a beautiful bespoke planting scheme, taking into account everything a true gardener would know, and my preferences. The result is wonderful and feels truly personal, giving us joy all year round”
West Bridgford, Nottingham
“We urgently needed a planting scheme for the front garden of our new build to satisfy planning conditions. Tamar pulled out the stops for us at very short notice and designed a beautiful, colourful, easy-to-implement and care for scheme which complements our frontage and the street/houses nearby. The Council approved the scheme and we are looking forward to making the garden plan a reality later this summer.“